Friday, July 26, 2013
I'm seeing Back To School (BTS) sales everywhere! Seeing these made me think of some of my favorite BTS items.
1. Mr. Sketch Markers There's nothing better than a smelly marker! I remember smelling the smile my teacher drew on my paper with the cherry marker. Ahhhhh! I can smell it now!
4. Binders (and lots of 'em) I use them for everything! Lesson plans, grade book, units, keeping track of parent communication, the list goes on and on! I also love pocket dividers to hold loose papers. Check them out HERE.
5. Last, but not least, every teacher needs a Door Buddy! The trusted next door neighbor! I have the best door buddy a girl could ask for! She watches my class during a quick bathroom break, listens to me vent, offers words of encouragement, and shares, shares, shares! The cost of a good door buddy is PRICELESS!
What are some of your essential BTS items?
Monday, July 22, 2013
First, I have to tell you about my latest DIY project! I did it. I dabbled in craftiness again. This time I made crate seats. I found a great tutorial over at What the Teacher Wants.
I wanted to make these for many reasons:
1. They provide extra storage. Who doesn't need extra
2. They will allow for more seating in my classroom.
3. They are just the right size for first graders.
4. They are super cute!
I could not have done it without my handy hubby! He had extra plywood in the garage, cut it and sanded it for me! :)
I did use 2-inch foam, rather than 1-inch foam. I wanted some more cush for the tush! :) It did take some time and patience to complete, but I am very happy with the finished product! I can't wait to use them!
My next big thing was that I recently added some new shape posters to my TpT store! They are in classic color chevron! LOVE the classic colors.... My classroom is going to be very colorful this year!
|Click Image to get them!|
Oh! I almost forgot I have a FREEBIE for you! I created some binder covers! They are in classic colors and brights. They are EDITABLE! You can add your own titles, graphics, whatever! Click the image below and download it. The binder covers are in powerpoint. Once you open the powerpoint, click on the text, erase it, add a text box and add whatever you want!
|Click the image to get your FREEBIE!|
I'm now on Bloglovin'!!!! You can follow me there. If you don't know what bloglovin' is, it is the best way to follow your favorite blogs. Click the button on the top right side to follow me!
Saturday, July 20, 2013
Friday, July 19, 2013
Thursday, July 18, 2013
Tuesday, July 16, 2013
Side note: When looking for glue at Hobby Lobby, I wanted strong glue so the marble would not fall off the magnet. (***Remember, I only DABBLE in craftiness…. I am learning as I go!) The lady at Hobby Lobby said E6000 would do the trick! We’ll see!
Sunday, July 14, 2013
Word Wall Label (6 inches round)
Headers for each letter in 3 sizes:
6 inch round with pictures
5 inch square with pictures
4 inch square with pictures
100+ Word Wall words
Editable cards for you to add your own words
Check it out HERE!
I also created a set of Word Family Word Wall Headers. I plan to use these as I introduce each word family. It comes with both a color set and a black and white. Each set comes in two sizes: 4 inch or 6 inch. Check them out HERE!
Tuesday, July 9, 2013
I LOVE to teach writing to my kiddos! A few years ago, the teachers at my school decided to use the same graphic organizer for writing. By doing this, the kids are all on the same page and not confused. We call them “GO Charts.” GO charts are a great writing tool to help our kids (and their thoughts) stay organized and on topic.
Before the kids sit down and start writing their rough draft, we give them this prewriting GO Chart to help them guide their writing.
This is not my creation! I just spiced it up with new font! Click HERE to get your freebie!
Monday, July 8, 2013